At its Feb. 5 regular meeting, Council approved a request to fund the Studded Bicycle Tire Rebate Program. The purpose of the program is to promote active transportation in Jasper, specifically winter cycling.
The rebate program offers $50 coupons per studded tire for Jasper residents (a max of $100 per resident). There are one hundred (100) $50 coupons available for a total program budget of $5,000. Coupons are provided on a first come, first served basis.
Proof of residency is required.
Studded tires must be purchased at a local bike shop.
How to get your rebate
1. Starting Thursday, Feb. 7, one hundred (100) $50 coupons will be available at the Municipality’s Administration Office (303 Pyramid Lake Road). Residents are eligible for two coupons. Proof of residency is required. Please bring a driver’s licence, a pay stub or any document showing your name and Jasper street address. Coupons are provided on a first come, first served basis. It is important to pick up your coupons before purchasing your tires.
2. Buy your studded bike tires at any of Jasper’s three bike shops: The Bench, Vicious Cycle or Jasper Source for Sports.
3. Bring your purchase receipt and coupons back to the Municipality’s Administration Office to receive your rebate (up to $100).
- Studded tires must be purchased by April 30, 2019
- Coupons must be redeemed by May 31, 2019
The Studded Bike Tire Rebate program is funded through the Jasper Environmental Stewardship program reserve fund. This account holds unspent funds from past environmental stewardship budgets which has an equal contribution from Parks Canada and the Municipality of Jasper.
The rebate will assist some residents overcome the financial barrier of purchasing studded bike tires. Studded bike tires are not a necessity for winter biking but they provide extra control on ice.
Contact Janet Cooper
Environmental Stewardship Coordinator