At weekly Community Conversations, participants share information about social trends and challenges residents are facing. Based on these discussions and the trends that are identified, Community Development seeks funding to offer the community training.
Watch the Better Together Speaker Series recordings.
- Jennifer Russell, Registered Psychologist, speaks on: Vicarious Trauma and Self-Care Strategies
- Mackenzie Brown, Development Manager for Indigenous Tourism Alberta, speaks on: Cultivating Positive Indigenous Relations in Our Work
- Ryan Verge, Addictions Counsellor with AHS, speaks on: Navigating the Increase in Screen Use
- Shauna Eriksen, Registered Psychologist, speaks on: Fostering Cultural Safety in Personal and Professional Environments
- Michelle Cherniawsky, Mental Health Therapist, speaks on: Compassion Fatigue Resiliency: Caring for Ourselves While Caring for Others
- Andreas Sigrist, Anglican Church Minister, speaks on: Cultivating Hope During Challenging Times
- De-Escalation and Conflict Resolution Training for Jasper
- With funding from Alberta Justice and Solicitor General
- Video Recording
- Podcast-style Recording
- Worksheet for use during the session
- Key Takeaways - for conversation after the session
Sessions below were organized by Community Development and funded by Alberta Health Services - Better Together in 2020-2021.
- Supporting Gender Diverse Youth with Alex Marshall
- Resources (PDF)
- Coping With Change with Aynsley Graham
- Noticing and Preventing Caregiver Burnout with Michelle Cherniawsky
- Supporting Children with Anxiety with Aynsley Graham
- Managing Screen Time During COVID-19 with Ryan Verge
To receive more information, email Lisa Riddell at email@example.com.
Resources in Multiple Languages
Mental Health Resources that are available in multiple languages:
- The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) has some resources on Asking for Help When Things are Not Right, About Mental Health and Coping with Stress.
- Psychology Tools in the UK offers a Free Guide to Living with Worry and Anxiety Amid Global Uncertainty. It’s available in upwards of 40 languages.
- The Immigrant Education Society has some resources as well in multiple languages.