Paid Parking Pilot Project Update
July 20, 2021
Start Date Announced
The signs are up and Paid Parking will start this WEDNESDSAY, JULY 21.
- Residential Zones (see map) will be in effect from 9:00am to 5:00pm daily to match the times paid parking is in effect.
- This means residential passes will not be required to park on those blocks outside of those times.
- The Residential Permit is accessible to all Jasper residents.
- Once you’ve created your HotSpot account, you can apply for a residential permit, which will require you to upload a picture of your vehicle registration and Jasper National Park pass as proof of residency. Your license plate will then be registered in the system as a Jasper resident, and you will be able to park in the residential zones between 9:00am and 5:00pm.
- Senior residents (65+) that do not have a smartphone are encouraged to visit the municipal administration building to get their resident pass.
- Residents with a street address within the residential zone will have access to two complimentary guest passes, which they can assign, through the HotSpot app or website, to non-residents to park on their street.
- These guest passes can be used for Private Home Accommodation (PHA) purposes or for house guests.
- The $5 a day PHA guest permit will still be available for operators who may require more than two passes for their business or to accommodate house guests.
Complete and up-to-date program details are available on the Parking page on our website: jasper-alberta.com/parking