It has been another steady week of work with progress continuing on Connaught Drive with the installation of the watermain and sanitary sewer line.
Update on progress over the last week, and plans for next week:
- The watermain and sanitary sewer installation on Connaught Drive has been ongoing all week, and will continue for the next three weeks. All water and sanitary sewer should be installed up to Spruce Avenue by the middle of next week.
- Pine Avenue is still closed to traffic. The paving crew will be in next week to finish the fine grading prior to paving next week.
- Spruce Avenue is open to traffic on temporary gravel while Pine Avenue will be closed next week for paving.
- The gravel base course has been be placed at the Hazel Avenue intersection and on a portion of Connaught Drive this week. Paving is expected to occur during week of October 4, 2021 with completion and opening of the Hazel Avenue/Connaught Drive intersection before Thanksgiving weekend.
- The GS crew will continue to work through until Thanksgiving weekend, which will be their next scheduled says off.
Based on progress and seasonal weather, the forecasted schedule is being pushed into the first week of November for competition with the first lift of pavement. The next two weeks will determine how much work will be need before we begin to forecast for winter shutdown.
Please note that these dates are tentative and are subject to change depending on the weather and unforeseen circumstances that occur during construction. We appreciate your patience and understanding, and thank you again for your feedback. For any questions, concerns or general feedback on this project please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 780-852-6501.
The GS Construction crew wearing orange shirts on September 30, National Day for Truth and Reconciliation