Paid Parking is in effect from May 1 until October 31 annually.
The 2023 rates are $3.50 an hour on-street, and $2.50 an hour or $15 a day in parking lots. There are three ways to pay:
- Scan the QR code on signs (no app download required)
- Use a payment kiosk
- Download the HotSpot app
New for 2023
- All residential parking permits from 2022 will be renewed automatically. Residents who applied for a permit in 2022 will receive an email from HotSpot confirming this before May 1, 2023.
- Existing Local Business Permits will also be renewed automatically.
- The paid parking zone now extends to the 200-block of Connaught Drive and a few stalls located in front of businesses on the 700-block of Connaught Drive.
- Three new kiosks will be installed as soon as they arrive in Jasper, including one in the Connaught parking lot near Pyramid Lake Road; one near the Visitor Information Centre; and one to service the 600-block of Patricia Street downtown. A map showing the kiosks locations will be available soon.
Jasper residents are eligible to apply for residential permits
If you live in Jasper and want to park in paid parking zones, your residential parking permit allows you to do this for free. Follow this link for detailed instructions on how to apply. You will be required to upload a picture of your vehicle registration and a proof of residence in Jasper.
Please treat our administration team with respect.
To appeal a ticket issued by the Municipality of Jasper, please fill out a Bylaw Complaint Form here.
All questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org so they can be directed to the right individuals.
A Residential Permit will allow you to park in the Paid Parking and Resident Parking Only zones. The 2023 resident permit program no longer requires on-street action (using the app or scanning the QR code).
Residents with mobility or technology challenges can simply apply for a regular resident parking permit.
Residents who live in the Paid Parking and Resident Parking Only zones should submit a proof of residence showing a physical address to get access to Visitor Parking Passes for their house guest.
- Create an account with HotSpot (download the app or go to htsp.ca)
- Add your vehicle(s) to your account
- Go to My Permits > Apply for Residential Permit and upload your vehicle registration and proof of residency in Jasper. Proof of residency can be a Jasper National Park resident pass, or proof of residence showing your physical address if you live in a paid parking or resident only parking zone, and are looking to access visitor passes for your house guests.
- When using the app, make sure you have your documents ready to take photos. Please ensure the whole registration document is viewable in order for our team to approve the application.
For more information or additional help applying for Residential Permits contact HotSpot Customer Support at 1-855-712-5888 or email@example.com.
Make sure to check your junk mail if you don’t receive an email from HotSpot after applying for a permit.
Businesses who hold a valid Business Licence with the Municipality of Jasper are eligible to apply for a Local Business Permit, through which parking permits can be assigned to company vehicles.
- Business owners with two vehicles or less should follow the Residential Permit instructions to register their vehicles with HotSpot.
- Business owners with three vehicles or more should apply for the Local Business Permit by completing the Local Business Parking Permit application form here.
You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Business name
- Business email address
- Make sure you use a different email address than any existing residential HotSpot account, or your residential account and associated permits will be deleted.
- Municipality of Jasper Business Licence number
- Proof or registration (image or scan) for each company vehicle you want to register
Staff will review and approve your application once it is submitted. Our service standard to process applications is two to three business days.
You will then receive an email indicating you've been approved for a Bundle Permit. Please wait for a second email with Jasper-specific instructions before trying to login to HotSpot to manage your permits.
- Follow the link in the second email (accessible only through a web browser, not the HotSpot app) and verify your account (i.e. create a password). You should now be within the Bundle Permits section.
- Navigate to the Vehicles page (left hand menu), and click on the red “Add Vehicle” button to input the licence plate number for each vehicle you want to register.
You will be assigned as many permits as vehicle registration documents you have submitted in your application.
If you receive an error message when submitting the form, it may be due to the file sizes being too big. If you run into this issue, please email your remaining documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a second form.
Once this process is completed, you will be able to park each vehicle in the paid parking zone without further action required. Please note that posted parking time limits still apply.
The purpose of this program is to enable local businesses to continue providing services in the paid parking zone. The data collected for these permits in 2022 will be used to help develop a business parking program in future years.
Long term parking is available in the Commercial Parking Lot located on Stan Wright Drive in Jasper.
- Available stalls: #41 to #49 (stalls are 22 feet long)
- Minimum Stay: 3 days
- Fee: $45 every 3 days
To pay for a stall:
- Go to htsp.ca or download the HotSpot app
- Create an account
- Go to Permits > Purchase a Permit
- Set Jasper as your location
- Select "Long Term Public Parking Lot"
Detailed instructions available here.
Hotels are able to apply for larger permits for their guests.
Please email Robert McGregor at at email@example.com
For assistance with registering for any permit type, please call HotSpot support at 1-855-712-5888 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can also visit the Administration Office located at 303 Pyramid Lake Road, Monday to Friday between 8:30am and 12:00pm, and 1:00pm and 4:30pm. Bring your vehicle registration and proof of residency.
Please treat our administration team with respect. All questions, concerns, and complaints should be directed to email@example.com so they can be directed to the right individuals.