street and public use permit

What needs a Street and Public Space Use Permit?

Street and Public Space Use Permits are needed any time you’re obstructing the normal use of the street or public space. This includes:

  • Road, lane, parking stall or sidewalk closures
  • Parking of any vehicle for longer than the posted limit
  • Placement of building materials, tools or machinery on the street
  • Stationing a mobile crane or building construction machine
  • Loading or unloading material, machinery, or equipment
  • Placement of a construction waste bin
  • Erection of scaffolding
  • Excavation on a public space
  • Commercial Filming
  • Special Events 
  • Installation of sidewalk seating (PDF)

Before you apply for a street use permit:
Plan ahead. A permit application takes a minimum of five (5) business days for review and approval.

Commercial contractors must have a Municipality of Jasper Business Licence (PDF).

 Applications must include:

  • Name, address and contact information of the applicant
  • A Traffic Accommodation Plan

Permit Application Form:
Please note the application form must be downloaded, completed, saved to your computer, signed and returned to Bylaw Services.

Street and Public Space Use Permit Application (PDF)

Submit Applications to:
Completed applications can be scanned and emailed to or in person at the Administration Office, 303 Pyramid Lake Rd.

Looking for more information?
Bylaw #193: Commercial Use of Public Space (PDF)

Contact Bylaw Enforcement Services at or 780-852-5514.