When do you need a Street and Public Space Use Permit?
Street and Public Space Use Permits are needed any time you’re obstructing the normal use of the street or public space. This includes:
- Road, lane, parking stall or sidewalk closures
- Parking of any vehicle for longer than the posted limit
- Placement of building materials, tools or machinery on the street
- Stationing a mobile crane or building construction machine
- Loading or unloading material, machinery, or equipment
- Placement of a construction waste bin
- Erection of scaffolding
- Excavation on a public space
- Commercial Filming
- Special Events
- Installation of sidewalk seating (PDF)
Before you apply for a street use permit:
Plan ahead. A permit application takes a minimum of five (5) business days for review and approval.
Commercial contractors must have a Municipality of Jasper Business Licence (PDF).
Applications must include:
- Name, address and contact information of the applicant
- A Traffic Accommodation Plan
Permit Application Form
Please note the application forms must be downloaded, completed, saved to your computer, signed and returned to Bylaw Services.
Submit Applications to:
Completed applications can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com or in person at the Administration Office, 303 Pyramid Lake Rd.
Looking for more information?
Bylaw #193: Commercial Use of Public Space (PDF)
Contact Bylaw Enforcement Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-852-5514.