Hinton Victim Support Services provides services to victims of crime in Jasper National Park. There is a person dedicated to Jasper working out of the Jasper RCMP detachment.
Volunteer Advocates provide immediate support, practical information and needed referrals to victims of crime 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- First response to victims of crime as referred by the RCMP
- Informal emotional support and assistance
- Assistance to secure temporary safe housing, and transportation
- Referrals to appropriate agencies/organizations
- Court preparation and support to victim witnesses
Hinton Victim Services also oversees the Solicitor General mandated programs:
- Victim Impact Statements
- Financial Benefits
Hinton Victim Services receives most of its referrals through the RCMP.
You can also contact Hinton Victim Services at 780-740-2227