To support inclusive emergency preparedness, a Vulnerable Persons Registry (VPR) is available to all qualifying residents.
The VPR is a free, voluntary and confidential service aimed at improving the safety of residents living at home who would be at greater risk during emergencies. The VPR provides key information to local emergency services about vulnerable people within the community during local large-scale emergencies.
The VPR is available to residents within the Municipality of Jasper who experience any of the following:
- Mobility issues
- Visual or hearing impairments
- Developmental or cognitive impairments
- Challenges related to mental health
- Residents who require electricity for life-sustaining equipment such as life support, oxygen, dialysis, etc.
Those living with continuous 24-hour assistance, who are not left unassisted for periods of time, do not qualify for the VPR.
Individuals registering for the Vulnerable Persons Registry must have a permanent address and at least one (1) valid contact number on their application. Individuals who are unable to meet these criteria will not be eligible for the registry.
- Unsure if you should register? We encourage you to contact the Community Development Coordinator, Marlyn Fernandez, at email@example.com or 780-852-6540.
Sound like you qualify? Register online today!